SaskPower’s Net Metering Program and rebate have been extended!
A growing number of SaskPower customers are interested in generating their own power. We have reviewed our customer generation programs and used key stakeholder input to help shape our programs.
We’re confident that the changes we’ve made support the growth of Saskatchewan’s renewable industry and create greater certainty for program participants.
Net Metering Program updates:
- Participants will now have up to three years (instead of one) to use their banked kWh credits
- Contracts will now be for 10 years (instead of two years) with the option to renew for an additional 10 years
- The 20% rebate will now be offered as a flat rate of $0.61 per watt so customers can be certain of their rebate amount before they begin their project
For existing Net Metering customers:
- Existing customers will now also have up to three years to use their banked kWh credits
- Existing customers will be transitioned from their existing two-year contracts to the new 10-year agreements which include the option to renew for an additional 10 years
- SaskPower will follow up with a letter to existing customers clarifying these program changes
The Net Metering Program has been approved to Nov. 30, 2021, or until it reaches the 16 MW cap, whichever comes first. SaskPower will monitor progress and re-evaluate as needed to ensure that the program continues to meet the needs of our company and our customers.